STARKEY RANCH SHARED USE FACILITY TEAM
THEATRE AND COURTYARD POLICY
POLICY TITLE: STARKEY RANCH THEATRE AND COURTYARD POLICY
EFFECTIVE DATE: OCTOBER 2022
The Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facility Team considers use of the Theatre and/or Courtyard to constitute acceptance of the Theatre and /or Courtyard Policy. This Theatre and Courtyard Policy is in addition to the requirements of the Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facilities Use of Facilities Agreement (“Use Agreement”). In the event of any conflict between the requirements of this Theatre and Courtyard Policy and the Use Agreement, the more stringent requirements shall apply.
The Theatre and Courtyard are part of the Starkey Ranch public facility complex shared by the District School Board of Pasco County, Florida and the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners, who have delegated authority to develop policies for the Theatre and Courtyard to the Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facility Team. The Theatre and Courtyard are for cultural, educational, informational, and civic events for the enjoyment of the community and the instruction of Starkey Ranch K-8 School (SRK8) students.
The Theatre and Courtyard are primarily to be used for SRK8 or PCLS events; SRK8 or PCLS sponsored events, such as those of the Parent-Teacher Organization or Friends of the Library; or for Pasco County Government or Pasco County School District events.
When there are no scheduled School, Library, County Government, or School District events, the Theatre or Courtyard may be available to other groups or organizations. Fees may apply under certain circumstances.
Neither the Theatre nor Courtyard shall be used for weddings, birthday parties, bridal showers, or baby showers.
The District School Board of Pasco County, Florida, the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners, and the Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facility Team neither endorse nor approve nor disapprove the aims, policies, viewpoints, or activities of groups holding events in the Theatre and Courtyard.
- All users will be required to sign and comply with the Use Agreement unless such users are specifically exempt pursuant the terms of the Use Agreement.
- No user may request the Theatre or Courtyard more than 6 months in advance, unless specifically approved by the Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facility Team.
- Users are advised to submit requests for the Theatre and/or Courtyard at least 8 weeks prior to their event to allow for verification of insurance requirements. Requests submitted without sufficient lead time may not be approved.
- The Libraries Branch Manager and/or the Shared Use Facility Team reserves the right to limit the number of reservations by any user so that all groups may have a fair opportunity to use the room.
- No events will be scheduled outside the Starkey Ranch Theatre Library Cultural Center (TLC) normal hours of operation, unless specifically approved by the Libraries Branch Manager or Shared Use Facility Team. Additional fees will apply for events scheduled outside library operating hours.
- Events may not disrupt normal school or library operations, nor may they interfere with the use and enjoyment of the school or library by others.
- Reservations are not guaranteed until the Use Agreement has been approved and payment (if applicable) has been made. The Libraries Branch Manager may choose to defer determination on a particular Use Agreement to the Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facility Team.
- Users will have access to the Theatre and Courtyard only during the times specified on the Use Agreement. Setup and cleanup time should be factored into the reservation.
- Furniture, decorations, and other materials may not block or interfere in any way with the building’s life safety measures, including but not limited to fire extinguishers, AEDs, and emergency exits. The Libraries Branch Manager reserves the right to remove or relocate any object as needed to maintain safety protocols.
- Decorations should be freestanding and must be approved in advance by the Libraries Branch Manager. Materials may not be attached to the walls, doors, or furnishings by any form of tape, pin, or nail. Libraries staff will not assist in the handling of decorations or other materials used in the Theatre or Courtyard, other than equipment owned by Libraries.
- Users must observe the Theatre and Courtyard maximum occupancy limit of 251 persons.
- Libraries staff and/or the Shared Use Facility Team reserve the right to observe any event at any time to ensure compliance with this Policy and the Use Agreement.
- Persons attending the event may not bring live animals into the Theatre or Courtyard, except for service animals. Please see the Animals in Library Buildings Policy.
- The Libraries Branch Manager and/or the Shared Use Facility Team reserve the right to designate certain parking areas for library or school patrons.
- Unless specifically approved by the Libraries Branch Manager, all materials, supplies, equipment, and other items used for the event should be delivered and removed on the date of the event. Storage space is not available for advance deliveries. Neither the County nor School District are responsible for materials or equipment left in the Theatre and Courtyard by users. Any items left will be considered abandoned and may be discarded.
- Accidents must be reported to a member of the Libraries’ staff immediately.
- No event may promote illegal activity.
Food & Beverages:
- Refreshments are permitted in the Theatre and Courtyard with the Libraries Branch Manager’s approval. An additional fee will be charged to cover cleaning costs.
- The user must bring all equipment and supplies necessary for serving refreshments.
- Cooking is not permitted in the Theatre nor the Courtyard. The Catering Kitchen has equipment for the storage of prepared food.
- Alcoholic beverages must be approved in advance by the Libraries Branch Manager. Alcohol may be served and/or sold only under the provisions specified in the Pasco County Code of Ordinances, Chapter 58, Section 15. Alcohol sales and consumption will be limited to times when SRK8 is not in session, and will be restricted to the Theatre, Courtyard, and/or the TLC lobby.
- The Theatre and Courtyard’s audiovisual and electronic equipment may be handled only by County or School District staff or approved technicians. No outside equipment may be connected to the systems without the Libraries Branch Manager’s approval.
- Libraries staff are able to provide limited assistance with the audiovisual equipment. If the event’s requested setup is outside this capacity, the user will be required to contract with an approved technician to operate the equipment. Libraries staff will determine whether a technician has the qualifications to conduct these operations.
- Users must provide their audiovisual setup requests at the time the Use Agreement is submitted. Libraries is under no obligation to honor a last-minute request for any audiovisual and/or electronic equipment.
- The piano cannot be played, removed, or relocated without permission from the Libraries Branch Manager. No materials may be placed on the piano.
- Groups using video, music, or other media must comply with copyright restrictions and use only video, music, or media intended for public performance. The County and School District are not responsible for a group’s failure to comply with copyright restrictions.
- Publicity for the event is the responsibility of the user. Publicity may not indicate or imply County or School District sponsorship of the program. Any advertising or promotional materials must contain the following statement: “The District School Board of Pasco County, Florida and the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners are not sponsoring or affiliated with this event.”
- All advertising, promotional materials, and other forms of publicity must include the user’s contact information.
- No publicity materials may be issued until the Use Agreement has been approved.
Violation of policy:
Failure to follow the guidelines and regulations set forth in this policy may result in denial of future use of the Theatre or Courtyard by the sponsoring group, the presenter, and/or the person in charge of the group.
Use of the Theatre and/or Courtyard requires the Agreement below:
Starkey Ranch Shared Use Facilities Use of Facilities Agreement