What is a Book Club Kit?
- A Book Club Kit is a convenient way to loan multiple copies of a book for a book club!
- Up to 15 paperback books
- Clear plastic tote bag
- Kit guideline card
What should I know about Book Club Kits?
- Checkout period is 8 weeks
- Pick up and return kits to the Service Desk
- All books must be returned at one time
- The cardholder is responsible for the kit contents and the replacement costs
- Replacement costs for incomplete kits:
- Missing or Damaged Book: $10 per book
- Most or Entire Kit: $100 per kit
How do I reserve a Book Club Kit?
- Search our catalog and place a hold online or call your local branch for assistance.
Is there a current list of all the Book Club Kits?
- It is easy to see a complete list of the kits in our catalog. At pascolibraries.org, click the orange Search button at the top of the page, then click the tab named Book Club Kit. All 200+ kits will then be listed.
Anyone with a Pasco County Library Card. Kits can be checked out to accounts in good standing. You can checkout up to 2 kits at a time.
Book Club Kits are free to borrow. A replacement cost may be charged for damaged or missing items.
Kits can be manually renewed by staff if there are no holds.
Books in a book club kit will have a numbered sticker on the top right corner of the front cover. On the back of the book, the barcode for the book club kit will be in the top right corner.
Individual books may not be returned to the library. All books should be returned in the kit to the Service Desk. Do not return books to the book drop.
First, check our catalog to see if we have the book available as a book club kit. If we do, place a hold request as usual. If we do not, submit a Purchase Suggestion from your library account. Please specify the title and author of the book and include 'for book club' in your suggestion. Call your local branch for assistance on submitting a purchase suggestion.