Welcome to Pasco County Libraries Reading Challenges!
Participate in our virtual reading challenges throughout the year using Beanstack!
Kids, teens, and adults can track their reading minutes, write book reviews, and participate in fun activities to earn digital badges.
What is Beanstack?
- Beanstack is a website and app that promotes reading through various challenges and activities. Track your reading and earn digital badges from completing challenges! During Summer Reading Challenge, participants who complete the challenge are entered into drawings for prizes!
Can you register multiple readers on an account?
- Yes, you can set up as many profiles as you'd like for readers of any age! This feature is great for families, schools, or other groups. You can easily log reading for multiple profiles at one time.
Is there an app?
- Beanstack is available on all mobile devices. Download on the Apple Store and on the Google Play Store.
How do I join a Reading Challenge?
- Once you're registered, available challenges will be on your main page. Simply click a challenge to join and start logging!
Where can I get help about Beanstack?
- For assistance, visit Beanstack HELP section and type in your question. If you can't find your answer there, contact us.
Check out our current challenges below!
For All Ages | January 31 - February 28, 2022
Complete the challenge by logging 600 minutes of reading.
When you complete the challenge during the dates above, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 Walmart gift card!
For All Ages | December 31 - March 31, 2022
January is National Hobby Month! Celebrate the start of 2023 by discovering new reads and hobbies at the library!
Complete the challenge by logging 360 minutes of reading and completing 7 activity activities.
When you complete the challenge from December 31 to January 31, you will be entered into a drawing for a $5 Walmart gift card!
For Ages 0 - 5 | Ongoing
This program encourages all Pasco County area families and caregivers to read 1,000 books with their young children before they enter kindergarten. Log reading and earn badges all along the way.
Complete the challenge by reading 1,000 books including repeat reads.
Patrons of all ages may enter to win prizes by completing challenges through Beanstack (pascolibraries.beanstack.org). Each Pasco County library branch may offer additional prizes with varying requirements. Participation in the Beanstack reading challenge is not required, but winning individuals must be present to pick up the prize at a Pasco County Library branch. If you’d like to enter to win without participation please email email@example.com. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are not endorsing or sponsoring this contest.