Land O'Lakes Library Branch Renovations
Will the library close while it's being renovated?
- Yes. This location will be closed during renovation. Please visit us at one of our other branches and online for services during this period. Be sure to check the website often for updates and news about the renovation as well.
When will the library close?
- The library will close August 14, 2021. There will be reduced hours from August 14, 2021. There will be reduced hours from August 2-14, as follows:
When will it reopen?
- We expect to reopen Summer 2022. Watch for updates on the Library website and social media pages.
How can I pick up books and other materials?
- Books and other materials that have been placed on hold can be picked up at other open libraries. They can also be picked up at the LOL Recreation Center at 3032 Collier Pkwy, Land O' Lakes, FL 34639.
- Starting June 7th, pick up holds at the building near the dog park behind the LOL Recreation Center. For more information, view this flyer or call your nearest branch.
How can I drop off books and other materials?
- Books and other materials can be dropped off at other open libraries.
Where will the staff go during the renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other branches during the renovation period.
How are the renovations being paid for?
- Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, an expanded lobby, a renovated makerspace, and a central service desk. We are also adding new landscaping and outdoor spaces.
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs.