Land O'Lakes Library Branch Renovations
LAND O’ LAKES LIBRARY REOPENING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14
Will the library close while it's being renovated?
- Yes. This location will be closed during renovation. Please visit us at one of our other branches and online for services during this period. Be sure to check the website often for updates and news about the renovation as well.
When will it reopen?
- The library is reopening Monday, November 14, 2022. Because of supply chain issues, not all the furniture will be in place, but patrons can still browse and check out books, get on computers, etc. Over the course of the next few weeks, the furniture will be installed and programs will resume.
How can I pick up books and other materials?
- Books and other materials can be picked up at the LOL Recreation Complex at 3032 Collier Pkwy, Land O' Lakes, FL 34639, UNTIL Thursday, November 10. The holds location at the Rec Center will close that day at 6:00 p.m. Holds will then be available for pick up at the remodeled Land O’ Lakes Library beginning Monday, November 14.
Pick up holds at the LOL Main Recreation Center until Nov 10 or call your nearest branch.
Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
How can I drop off books and other materials?
- Books and other materials can be dropped off LOL Main Recreation Complex until November 10.
Where will the staff go during the renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other branches during the renovation period.
How are the renovations being paid for?
- Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, an expanded lobby, a renovated makerspace, and a central service desk. We are also adding new landscaping and outdoor spaces.
What will be the library hours of operation?
- Monday 10 am - 6 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am -5 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
- Sunday Closed
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs