The Foundry offers classes each month related to woodworking, Sewing 101, etc. The makerspace provides sewing machines, crafting items, woodworking tools, and much more!
Using the Foundry
- Patrons have the option of using the Foundry in one of two ways.
- Those patrons already familiar or trained on the equipment can attend our Open Build hours to work on their own projects using their own materials. A volunteer or staff member is present to assist with questions. These hours are available on our calendar.
- Patrons can also sign up in advance for a class taught by an instructor. All materials are provided during our classes.
- Please note a signed liability waiver is required for any activity in the Foundry makerspace.
- The Foundry may be used by patrons 9 and older. Certain classes are limited to ages 16 and older based on the equipment being used.
- A library staff member or volunteer will be present at all times when The Foundry is in use.
Foundry Waiver and Playbook
- Pasco County Liability Waiver and Permission Form This waiver must be consented to, and signed by the participant - and parent/guardian if applicable - before use of space is permitted.
- Maker Safety Playbook This playbook must be consented to, and signed by the participant - and parent/guardian if applicable - before use of space is permitted.
- Interested in becoming a Makerspace Volunteer?
- Check out our Library Volunteers page ~ with teen and adult applications, and more!
Contact the library at (813) 929-1214 to learn more about the Foundry.
See the Calendar of Events to search for your favorite maker activities now.
Learn more about the Foundry, and our new Sound Studio, in our Grand Opening video on the Pasco County Government channel!