The Foundry offers classes each month related to woodworking, sewing, jewelry making, etc. The makerspace provides sewing machines, crafting items, tools, and much more!
Using the Foundry
- Patrons have the option of using the Foundry in one of two ways.
- Those patrons already familiar or trained on the equipment can sign up for an Open Build appointment to work on their own projects using their own materials. A volunteer or staff member is present to assist with questions. Appointments are available on our calendar.
- Patrons can also sign up in advance for a class taught by an instructor. All materials are provided during our classes.
- Please note a signed liability waiver is required for any activity in the Foundry makerspace.
The Foundry may be used by patrons 9 years and older. Certain equipment and classes are limited to ages 18 years and older.
A library staff member or volunteer will be present at all times when The Foundry is in use.
Foundry Waiver and Playbook
- Pasco County Liability Waiver and Permission Form: This waiver must be consented to, and signed by the participant - and parent/guardian if applicable - before use of space is permitted.
- Maker Safety Playbook: This playbook must be consented to, and signed by the participant - and parent/guardian if applicable - before use of space is permitted.
- Interested in becoming a Makerspace Volunteer?
- Check out our Library Volunteers page ~ with teen and adult applications, and more!
- Band Saw
- Bench Grinder
- Button Maker
- Coping Saw
- Die Cut Press
- Hand Tools
- Hot Glue Guns
- Jewelry Making Tools
- Kumihimo Discs
- Mortising Machine
- Rotary Cutters & Mats
- Sabre Saw
- Scroll Saws
- Sewing Machines
- Weaving Looms
- Wood Burning Kits
- Wood Carving Kits
Contact the library at (813) 929-1214 to learn more about the Foundry.
See the Calendar of Events to search for your favorite maker activities now.