Regency Park Branch Library Branch Renovations
Will the library close while it's being renovated?
- Yes. Borrowing of materials and other services are available at our other libraries. Check our website for an updated list of which branches are closed for remodeling.
When will the library close?
- The library will close at the end of the day Saturday, October 15, 2022.
What about voting during the 2022 election?
- Although library services will be unavailable once the library is closed, the building will be open for early voting and on election day for the 2022 election.
When will it reopen?
- It is slated to reopen early 2024.
How can I pick up books and other materials?
- You can pick up books and other materials at any open branch within the Library system. Check our website for an updated list of which branches are closed for remodeling. You can also find details on our Front Door Books program to receive books by mail.
Where will the staff go during renovations?
- All staff will be relocated to other, open branches or conducting community outreach.
How are the renovations being paid for?
- Through a General Obligation Bond (GO Bond) that was approved by Pasco County voters in November 2018. A GO Bond is a municipal bond secured by the issuing government’s pledge to use all available resources, including tax revenues, to repay holders of the bond.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- The interior will be completely updated and modernized. There will be new spaces for adults, teens, and kids, meeting spaces, new technology, and a central service desk.
Will there still be books in the library?
- Yes, there will be plenty of books in our collection. However, we will be utilizing a more efficient use of shelving space to make room for the expanded public spaces. Plus, our collection will be more tailored to the community’s needs.