PASCO COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM POLICY MANUAL
As a limited public forum, the Pasco County Library System allows petitioning and other free speech activities at its’ locations in support of a well-informed citizenry.
The Pasco County Library System considers those present on library property to be subject to the Petitioning on Library Property Policy.
Statement of Policy:
No solicitating or petitioning of any kind is permitted inside library buildings.
Petitioning may occur outside library buildings. The following guidelines are to be followed:
- Activities must be conducted at a distance of 50 feet or more from doorways. When the library serves as a polling place according to S. 102.031(4)(a) No person, political committee, committee of continuous existence, or other group or organization may solicit voters inside the polling place or within 150 feet of the entrance to any polling place, or polling room where the polling place is also a polling room, or early voting site.
- The petitioner is to supply their own equipment (table, chairs, etc.)
- Petitioner is not to block any entrance to the building. Traffic flow by users entering and exiting the building shall not be impeded. The petitioner is not guaranteed the use of an area protected from sun, heat, or inclement weather.
- Signs may be allowed, but they must be attached to the petitioner’s table. Signs promoting the petitioner cannot be placed on doors or buildings.
- Use of the designated area shall be on a first-come, first-served basis each day. The Library reserves the right to refuse individuals, groups, or organizations space for petitioning if the designated area has been filled.
- No monies or donations can be collected, solicited, or accepted. Petitioner must in no way affiliate him/herself with the Library or the County, either through written publicity, signage, or verbal statements.
- Individuals must adhere to the Library Patron Conduct Policy